18 Jul

QLD Government Starts $1 Million Heavy Vehicle Training Program

In a nice development, the Queensland government has introduced a $1 million program to help people develop their skills with heavy vehicles.

Titled “Transition 2012”, the program aims to help 400 entrant and experienced drivers to improve their skills and comprehension of heavy vehicles over the next year.

The program will focus on the following three clusters:

  1. Bus Driver (new entrant) – for people who want to enter the passenger transport industry. 100% subsidised by the government
  2. Truck Driver (new entrant) – for people who want to enter the freight transport industry. 100% subsidised by the government
  3. Truck Driver (existing worker upgrade) – for people who are currently employed as a driver with a minimum Heavy Rigid (HR) licence who want to be upgraded to a Multi-Combination (MC) licence. The employer has to be 15% of the training costs, with the government subsidising the remaining 85%.

Contracted by Skills Queensland, the program ultimately seeks to help in the development of workforces both in the freight and transport industries.

Personally, we think this is a great initiative that is encouraging to the growth and prosperity of the logistics industry. If you’re interested in finding out more about the program, be sure to check out the official website.

What do you think of this QLD government initiative? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

// More News In Logistics //


19 Trade St Lytton Between 6:30am and 12pm
PO BOX 475 Cannon Hill Q 4170


P: +61 7 3396 1911
F: +61 7 3396 7586
E: info@cannonlogistics.com.au


Simply complete our webform and
we will call you to confirm your booking.

Book Online

Sign up to our Newsletter for the latest news and special offers