Spring Fresh Produce Spotlight
The sun’s out and spring is in the air. As the weather warms up, you may be wondering what fresh produce is available this season.
Spring is a time of plenty in Queensland, with many tropical fruits and vegetables coming into season. When you buy seasonal produce, you are supporting local farmers and the community.
Buying in season produce can bring you many benefits. Seasonal produce is:
- More flavoursome
- Healthier and more nutritious
Seasonal produce can help to improve your health and save you money. Here’s some fresh produce to look out for this spring:
- Melons (Honeydew, Rock, Candy)
- Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
Now that you know what fresh fruits and vegetables are available, the next step is to eat them! Here are some spring sweets you could make:
- Passionfruit slice
- Strawberry jam
- Fruit salad/ fruit kebabs
- Mango and raspberry tiramisu
And some spring dishes:
- Silverbeet and mushroom pasties
- Tomato and asparagus risotto
- Fresh pasta salad
- Asparagus and prawn rice paper rolls
- Chicken and pineapple salad
- Cabbage, garlic and herb pasta
- Prawn skewers with mango salad
- Mushroom and avocado tacos
There are endless possibilities, so it’s time to get creative! We hope you enjoy the fresh flavours that Brisbane’s spring produce has to offer.
Looking for a reliable logistics company?
At Cannon Logistics, we have 25 years of experience in specialised refrigerated transport and warehousing in Brisbane.
Our modern fleet of prime movers and trailers are enhanced by the latest in temperature humidity control technology. Our expert drivers can deliver your products with confidence.
Talk to our friendly team about all your refrigerated transport needs today!